So basically I just graduated from University of Miami with a B.F.A in Acting and this is my first job in the "Real World". I decided that I would document this wild adventure and share with everyone the fear, the rewards and the reality of doing a 12 month Children's Theatre National Tour. My job is to arrive into town Sunday, audition 25-350 kids Monday and by Saturday pull off a full musical production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" starring yours truly, Christopher Nelson Harbur.

7/25/2006

Bellingham, WA

Another week, another show...This is town is gorgeous located right on the Pacific Ocean! As for the kids this week, it was another 60 person cast-all and we had 3 kids at the audition who everytime we asked them to say a line would bust out crying until eventually they just sat out...I approached one of them after and told him how cool his part would be if he was in the show and he told me he was too scared. Well today our young friend approached me first thing in the morning and informed me that he was going to play Mowgli (our lead role) because, "Mowgli is supposed to be a young boy (we cast a girl) and I am a young boy!" Now normally I would've smiled and given him a little pat of encouragement on the back but this kid was truly a brat so instead I said, "Nope!" and walked away....too bad, so sad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Miles Harbur CS,MBA said...

"nope": the crucial parenting skill!

1:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

1:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

7:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

2:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home