So basically I just graduated from University of Miami with a B.F.A in Acting and this is my first job in the "Real World". I decided that I would document this wild adventure and share with everyone the fear, the rewards and the reality of doing a 12 month Children's Theatre National Tour. My job is to arrive into town Sunday, audition 25-350 kids Monday and by Saturday pull off a full musical production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" starring yours truly, Christopher Nelson Harbur.

7/12/2006

Kids...

I came to a realization today that has kinda inspired me... Kids have the unbelievable ability to just commit to something 100% without any kind of resistance or judgement. Katie and I were doing a workshop today for 5-8 year olds in which we set up a fantasy jungle and the kids navigate there way through it. When we learned this workshop in training I thought it was going to be so stupid and the kids would never buy it, but they LOVE IT! It made me realize that I have this problem of resisting and half-assing (pardon the expression) WAY to many things in my life and that I need to inhibit more of that child like "spirit".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home