So basically I just graduated from University of Miami with a B.F.A in Acting and this is my first job in the "Real World". I decided that I would document this wild adventure and share with everyone the fear, the rewards and the reality of doing a 12 month Children's Theatre National Tour. My job is to arrive into town Sunday, audition 25-350 kids Monday and by Saturday pull off a full musical production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" starring yours truly, Christopher Nelson Harbur.

7/22/2006

Show time!

This week I returned to the stage in all my furry glory and it was everything I hoped it would be; confused monkeys, sweaty lights and best of all, a big fat bloody nose from our Mowgli about 10 seconds before the overture started.
I was taking a few calming breath while Katie was giving the opening speech when all of a sudden I felt a frantic tug on my bear suit. I opened my eyes and turned around to find our Mowgli with the most fearful eyes I have ever seen and rightly so....blood was dripping out of her nose at an alarming rate and everyone around her began "backstage screaming" which consists of wild physical movement with no sound. I ran as fast as I could to a huge pile of junk which lay back stage in hopes of finding ANYTHING that could stop the raging flow...By some grace of God, a small pile of napkins sat underneath an old dusty chair and I grabbed them and shoved them on her nose. I had already missed my cue to come and stage so I jumped from behind the curtain and shouted my first line, somewhat incoherently but audibly nonetheless. I knew that in 2 more lines Mowgli was to make her entrance and I wondered what Baloo the Bear would say if his young man cub had a bloody nose...

"BAGHEERA, STOP BEATING UP ON MOWGLI AND GET OUT HERE!"
I mean it seemed pretty legit to me and out came Mowgli, napkin drenched in blood and all, with Bagheera the Panther right behind her.
All in all the show was a success and our little man cub's nose bleed stopped about 15 minutes later...just in time for her solo!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fab photos...love the sunset place...it is so fun to follow your journeys and hear things you'll never remember 6 mos. from now...I'm so glad you picked this job!!!

9:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

11:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home