So basically I just graduated from University of Miami with a B.F.A in Acting and this is my first job in the "Real World". I decided that I would document this wild adventure and share with everyone the fear, the rewards and the reality of doing a 12 month Children's Theatre National Tour. My job is to arrive into town Sunday, audition 25-350 kids Monday and by Saturday pull off a full musical production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" starring yours truly, Christopher Nelson Harbur.

7/20/2006

A thought...

A kid at the audition this week who really caught my attention was this 12 year old, wildly talented full of smiles girl who I couldn't wait to make the head of Kaa, (one of the most difficult roles in the show.)
Today she didn't show at up rehearsal and when I called home the mother picked up and quite irately told me that she would not be doing the show because they never gave her permission to audition...This little girl snuck out of the house because she so desperately wanted to be in a show and her parents are now severally punishing her for it and would clearly rather see her puffing the magic freakin dragon than using her imagination and making friends...Survey says?!?!
BOOOOOOOOOOO

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

some parents learn the hard way!

9:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

2:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

5:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home