So basically I just graduated from University of Miami with a B.F.A in Acting and this is my first job in the "Real World". I decided that I would document this wild adventure and share with everyone the fear, the rewards and the reality of doing a 12 month Children's Theatre National Tour. My job is to arrive into town Sunday, audition 25-350 kids Monday and by Saturday pull off a full musical production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" starring yours truly, Christopher Nelson Harbur.

6/26/2006

Show #2 (Santa Rosa Style)

Going into today's show we had 3 big worries:
1. Our leads singing on pitch
2. Our kids being loud enough to fill the house
3. Our set falling over and killing Akela

All was going smoothly and make-up was done with 30 min to spare! About 15 min before show time I was doing a warm-up with the kids to calm their nerves and eyes were closed. A 5 year old monkey caught my attention because he was squirming uncomfortably in his costume and within seconds the floor around him was drenched. I ran and snatched him while everyone's eyes were still closed making up new "keep your eyes closed" warm -ups to buy time to move people away from ground zero. I think only one older kid figured out what had happened and soon we were on our way back stage.
The show was great and no more bowel movements occurred, no children died as a result of a freak set falling over accident, and amazingly our lead NAILED her solo! YAY SANTA ROSA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home