So basically I just graduated from University of Miami with a B.F.A in Acting and this is my first job in the "Real World". I decided that I would document this wild adventure and share with everyone the fear, the rewards and the reality of doing a 12 month Children's Theatre National Tour. My job is to arrive into town Sunday, audition 25-350 kids Monday and by Saturday pull off a full musical production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" starring yours truly, Christopher Nelson Harbur.

6/28/2006

Dear God...

It took us over 2 hours to run 50 minutes of show today. Kids were constantly swatting at bees, mosquitoes, ants, caterpillars, ladybugs, crickets, mountain lions and each other. The funny part is that I finally snapped and yelled at this 9 year old girl for flailing around behind me on-stage today and then I realized she was being attacked by fire ants and had bites all over her body...yes, it's true, I have a way with children



The sweaty stage that cuts kids when kneeled on it.



This is our "backstage" area...beautiful for lounging but not controlling 65 kids.


I feel like the theatre is more like a place for monks to get away and pray or something.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miles Harbur CS,MBA said...

...to put it into perspective...you're learning to deal with one of the most difficult managerial situations that a person can have. And you guys are in the process of becoming experts at it!

8:15 AM

 
Blogger Miles Harbur CS,MBA said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home