So basically I just graduated from University of Miami with a B.F.A in Acting and this is my first job in the "Real World". I decided that I would document this wild adventure and share with everyone the fear, the rewards and the reality of doing a 12 month Children's Theatre National Tour. My job is to arrive into town Sunday, audition 25-350 kids Monday and by Saturday pull off a full musical production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" starring yours truly, Christopher Nelson Harbur.

12/05/2006

Audition

This group was certainly one of the more difficult auditions we have ever had. These kids don't really pay much attention to anything and by the time we got them quiet and ready to go, we had wasted 40 minutes. In the Makah tribe, it is frowned upon to be loud and energetic with adults present (How are they going to perform in front of the tribe!?!?) so getting any kind of vloume and expression out of these kids took the entire audition so we literally had to wait till the last 20 minutes of the audition to cast the show.

Rehearsal afterwards with the lead roles wasn't half bad though except I am worried that they won't go home and study their lines as a mother told me that the parents here don't know how to help their kids so they just get frustrated and become useless... I guess we'll find out today!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyy - love the profile: pretty dang awesome! I think i have been inspired to work for MCT when i get older.. lol. Missing you and shirnest- have fun with your next group, but not more fun than you had with us!! cyaa
<33 hollis

8:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home