So basically I just graduated from University of Miami with a B.F.A in Acting and this is my first job in the "Real World". I decided that I would document this wild adventure and share with everyone the fear, the rewards and the reality of doing a 12 month Children's Theatre National Tour. My job is to arrive into town Sunday, audition 25-350 kids Monday and by Saturday pull off a full musical production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" starring yours truly, Christopher Nelson Harbur.

10/09/2006

A trying week...

Sorry about not posting last week in Oroville, CA, but it was such a small town that finding internet was nearly impossible...The show was great though and the head of the company randomly showed up for the show and loved it!

This week in Redway, CA should prove to be an interesting one. Every former tour actor we have asked has just laughed and said, "GOOD LUCK!" when we asked them how it was in Redway. First of all, no one has ever heard of it. People 200 miles south of here in Sacramento deny it's existence and even I was starting to doubt it until we pulled into our tiny cabin late last night. ( I will be posting pic's of just how small it is)

The last MCT team that came through here last year has forewarned us about the behavior of the kids and they felt that the parents don't really believe in teaching their kids about respect and discipline so they just sort of run wild. WELL, our auditions are in 3 hours and we are expecting in the 80-90 kids so I'll let you know!

Thank you to all who read this and either make comments or email me...it's very encouraging!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about you guys. Your work has an inherent authority, because it's good and beneficial. This is an authority that's sourced beyond your own present personal capability.

mh

1:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when I used to get nasty kids when I was a teacher...did you know I used to be a teacher?..anyways, I'd wear really spiky high heels and when I needed for them to pay attention, I'd grab one poor soul and dig my spike into his toes and suggest he inform the class I MEANT BUSINESS... it always worked for me....hee hee hee I can just picture you in heels.....love your mummay

8:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI CHRIS,,, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK I WISH I WAS WITH YOU!!!! IT LOOKS VERY ADVENTUROUS, AND I'M SURE A LITTLE STRESSFUL WITH ALL THOSE KIDS... I LOVE THOSE PICTURES, IT'S BEAUTIFUL OVER THERE, KEEP SENDING THOSE PICS LOVE YOU JUDE YOU ARE THE GREATEST

3:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home