So basically I just graduated from University of Miami with a B.F.A in Acting and this is my first job in the "Real World". I decided that I would document this wild adventure and share with everyone the fear, the rewards and the reality of doing a 12 month Children's Theatre National Tour. My job is to arrive into town Sunday, audition 25-350 kids Monday and by Saturday pull off a full musical production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" starring yours truly, Christopher Nelson Harbur.

8/10/2006

Wolf Pack 12, Pythons 6

Teaching wealthy, somewhat spoiled and wildly underrated kids has had it's obvious challenges this week but today I came up with a pretty damn good system for rehearsals. Every animal in our show was broken up and put into groups (The wolf pack, the monkeys, the pythons etc.) and every time they had their individual scene or song we would award points based on their acting, loudness and be quiet back stage. We put up all the teams on a huge dry erase board and lemme tell you.... I have never had a more animated, excited and well behaved Thursday rehearsal in my life. Even the 3 little Japanese girl who had been virtually inaudible all week shouted their lines with all the fierceness the lines demanded!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is truly amazing. ive never heard anything like it! im devistated, i cant come to the show! i'm leaving for eastern washington! be sure to tell me all about it, and hopefully theres another local show
anna

10:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home