So basically I just graduated from University of Miami with a B.F.A in Acting and this is my first job in the "Real World". I decided that I would document this wild adventure and share with everyone the fear, the rewards and the reality of doing a 12 month Children's Theatre National Tour. My job is to arrive into town Sunday, audition 25-350 kids Monday and by Saturday pull off a full musical production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" starring yours truly, Christopher Nelson Harbur.

6/14/2006

Day 2 and 3

Kids are remarkable...In the last 2 days, (6 hours of rehearsal) these kids have not only memorized 50 pages of lines BUT they know 6 giant ensemble dances, songs and movement. Granted we are in a pretty upscale place in California with kids who go to gifted schools, but these kids are sponges and rarely need to be given acting notes twice. Of course there are the kids who are pretty shy and can't fill the huge Opera House but for the most part they are sharp. The only thing that really sucks is that my voice is so hoarse from talking loudly for 4 hours a day and I have to perform two shows on Saturday but I'll stick it out. The one big concern Katie and I have right now is that Kaa the 9 person snake reaaaalllly doesn't have any idea when they say what line even though I swear I taught them correctly....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha... have fun with Kaa- probably one of the most difficult/frustrating parts of teaching Jungle Book. Give a call or email anytime, I'll be happy to give hints (especially regarding Kaa or Monkeys- those were mine). Break a leg on Saturday!

11:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate you are a piece of work and so right about sugar....I never let Chris have sugar!!!

2:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a successful start!! The best thing is that you are serving so many kids to happiness and full-blown smiles; well, actually, you look pretty happy yourself! Do it all while we're young, right!! Great to hear from you; please keep me updated! Love you lots,

Jodikins!

3:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home