So basically I just graduated from University of Miami with a B.F.A in Acting and this is my first job in the "Real World". I decided that I would document this wild adventure and share with everyone the fear, the rewards and the reality of doing a 12 month Children's Theatre National Tour. My job is to arrive into town Sunday, audition 25-350 kids Monday and by Saturday pull off a full musical production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" starring yours truly, Christopher Nelson Harbur.

7/01/2008

Ohhhh Fairbanks, Alaska, how your sun never sets...

Daylight for 20 hours a day, North America's tallest mountain and the NORTH POLE?!?! What could be better?!? Granted we had just 30 kids this week (none of which have ever been in a play before and 3 if them decided not to come to the 2nd show) but if there is a duo in this company that can make a show of it, Shirnest and I are that team!

Let's start our journey in North Pole, Alaska:

I must say, Santa and his lovely wife were a bit thrown when I lept into his lap, but it was payback time for when he gave me that toothbrush instead of a x3000 nerf gun when I was 6.
And yes, I need a haircut.

Let the record show that all of the street lamps in the North Pole are NOT made of delicious candy.

Possibly some of the nicest people we met. We walked by and the firemen invited us in and gave us a tour ending with letting me try my hand at driving their newest $525,000 engine.
And James Carville has left his life as a democratic strategist to fight those raging Alaskan fires.

When we started our hike up Mt. Heely (right near Mt. Mckinley) the people told us we would not see any wildlife so far down and that we should pay the $60 to take a bus up higher. Well, within 5 minutes of our free hike, this hungry little fella peered over at me...

Possibly one of the scarier moments in my life but well worth the picture. Shirnest yelled to me right after the picture, "Christopher, your mother is going to kill you."
And there she is, Shirnest J. Tolbert, the world's best tour partner. We had one of the local female mountain sheep snap this one for us...thanks Peetrie.
Gas is $5.39 a gallon here which is why the Moose have switched to Segways.

Before we went on-stage we asked the cast here in Fairbanks, Alaska what they liked most about doing a show in a week. Here is what they had to say...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to kill u !!
mumaay

2:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE it.

11:43 PM

 
Blogger E. Rivera said...

I'm so happy you have a blog.
I will be reading it.
Also, go Jaradoa cap in the licking-pole picture.

Also, yes, your mother IS going to kill you.

Miss you!

xoxo

1:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, can you post some pictures from our show here in Hawaii.

6:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home